So that’s it! I made my big announcement what feels like forever ago! But this week the time finally came to leave my job. Still not entirely sure how I feel about the whole thing though, it feels a little too soon and raw to think clearly, so I’ll keep you posted on that one!
But for now….
I’ve been thinking (don’t worry it didn’t hurt too much) about this blog and all my lovely readers. As it started out, it was mostly my good friends who would read it (mostly because of emotional blackmail), but as the blog has developed I’ve been amazed to get more readers, some of whom have come across me on twitter or something similar and don’t really know me yet. So I decided it might be time to help some of you get to know me a little better. You never know, those of you who do know me, may even found out something new!
Here’s ten facts about me…
- I went to university for a week. The University lifestyle wasn’t for me, I suppose I didn’t give it very long but even now as I look back, I realise I wasn’t ready for it at that time. I don’t think there’s any shame in anybody else admitting that the expected path is not for them. I did what was right for me and still got my degree in my own way, although my family won’t let me forget how their moving skills were used twice in such a short space of time!
- If you hear me talking over enthusiastically about Frankie and Darcie at any opportunity, you may be forgiven for thinking I have children! But no, they are my dogs! Admittedly I do treat them like my children and they may be the closest thing I ever have to actual children.
- I don’t cope well with mornings. Especially if I’ve been woken before I wanted to be up. I mean I really don’t! I’m sure I’m not the only one! But it’s so bad, that I once had a weekend away with my friend’s Katie and Louise, and they seemed to think I’d fallen out with them! I hadn’t, I just don’t really talk in a morning and the more I’m asked questions, the grumpier I get! In my defence, I did warn them before-hand…
- I’ve been told I have quite a random way of introducing myself to new people. I think it’s because I can be quite shy, I find it strange, so I go for something random! To give you examples, in my first conversation with one of my colleagues at my current place of work, I offered to car share! Then with one of my colleagues from Pizza Hut, I met her at a time I was in need of some help, so I introduced myself to her before asking:- “would you mind tightening my bra strap?”
- When I was at junior school, I used to pretend my middle name was my mum’s name. I don’t have a middle name and at the time, I wasn’t very happy about it! So I made one up! I was especially proud of this when it came to playing “red letter” on the playground. Considering my name was Yvette and my mum’s name is Jeanette, I only needed them to say the letters e or t and I won the game hands down!
- I was never that bothered about getting my ears pierced. I only got them done because someone from school very kindly got me a pair of earrings for a birthday party, I didn’t have the heart to tell her I didn’t have my ears pierced so I put aside my stick ons and plucked up the courage to get the real thing!
- I was once on the books of a lookalike agency (and potentially still am) as a Stacey Solomon lookalike. It doesn’t happen as much anymore but there was a period when every time I went out, I was mistaken for the star (that was until they heard my voice!). I remember a particularly uncomfortable evening when I went to see the X Factor tour the year she was in it! A little girl in front of me kept turning around and staring at me admiringly, that was until the real Stacey Solomon rocked up on stage and the poor girl’s admiration turned into a rather confused look. She kept doing a quick look from me to the stage and back again like she was hoping to catch one of us out! (It’s worth noting that since initially writing this blog, I had a hen do in Leeds for my lovely friend Jade, and my friends were repeatedly asked if I was the REAL Stacey Solomon. There was even one guy who thought I was Ferne McCann!)
- I’m lucky enough (or not) to have split my chin open twice and to have broken both of my wrists (all separate occasions). I won’t bore you with all the details now, feel free to ask if you want to know more! I’m so determined though, that even though I broke my wrist four days before my dance show, I still went on stage! I just made sure I had a sparkly pot to match my costumes…
- My Spotify playlists are embarrassingly cheesy! I’m talking really cheesy! On quite a broad spectrum, they cover anywhere from all (and I mean ALL) of Steps’ hits and Daphne and Celeste (oh yes, I remember them, surely somebody else out there does?) to Elaine Paige’s musical classics, all the way over to a bit of Air Supply, Right Said Fred and Go West. Don’t get me wrong, I do have some songs that I like to think I could be proud of, but the people who tell you they don’t indulge in belting out a cheesy hit from time to time are lying. Downright Lying.
- I sometimes fall out with television programs or films. This may sound ridiculous, but I’d been watching Hollyoaks for years, when all of a sudden they killed my favourite character! So I stopped watching. It’s embarrassing to admit that it’s not the only time I’ve done it! The storylines don’t go the way I like, so I quit to avoid disappointment…
So that’s me! Feel free to add some random facts about you in the comments, or perhaps you know a fact about me that you think it might be worth adding?